Frequently Asked Questions

Study online now and join us on Australian Campus later

If you have questions, please take a moment to read through our FQAs below before you contact us for a further assistance. 

Yes, we are an Australian education provider who is registered under Australian Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) that offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas.

You can be one step ahead of moving to Australia. Start at home with our ONLINE English Course. We assure you that your language studies won’t be boring with City Language Centre. Once you get the required English level, it will be time to pack the luggage to Australia to continue your studies.

Related article: Study English in Melbourne

It’s up to you! You can study from one week to more than one year. You will be asked to complete our English placement test first to assess your proficiency level and recommend a course and a study duration most suitable for you.

Our teachers are all Australians! We inspire courage and celebrate individuality by providing an authentic Australian learning experience in a warm, caring and creative environment. 

Our students come from all over the world.

There are many reasons but here are the most important 8! Students come first. This is one of the main points of difference that you will experience at City Language Centre. Our staff and teachers can be trusted to always do their very best for you. Central CBD location and family orientated environment Unique teaching method, our Online Live Classes make you learn English as if you were in Australia. First class student services Aussie Job essentials and Aussie job skills each week Design workshops and Master classes Personal English Coaching Sports activities

We currently offer General English ONLINE LIVE CLASSES starting every Monday, so you can start anytime you like!

Yes, you need to apply for a valid visa to travel to Australia. You will find more information for your visa through

You can apply for a student visa once you accept your offer and receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) 

If you choose to apply for a student visa you will need your CoE document. Please note your CoE will be created based on a full-time study load (20 hours per week).

You will be given a CoE when you accept your offer and have made the required payment. The start date of the CoE will correspond with the start date of your offshore Study Period and the duration of the CoE will include courses you are enrolling from offshore.

City Language Centre is a language school and we cannot give any visa advice. However, we can refer you to one of our education or migration agents who will be able to assist you with your visa process.

If you wish to defer after you have commenced your study, you must request a deferral in writing. You will be issued with a new Letter of Offer for the next available Study Period and any tuition fees already paid will be transferred to your new Study Period. You may be required to pay an additional amount to accept your onshore study, as tuition fees will be charged at the standard onshore rate, not the online offshore discounted fee.

Yes, you will receive a refund of the pre-paid unused course fees calculated by weeks

If you are enrolled in a course that is registered under the Australian Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) connected with the issuing of student visas, your lesson attendance must not drop below 80%. If your attendance approaches 80%, you will receive a warning letter. If you are unable to improve your attendance, the law requires that you are reported to the department of immigration and your student visa status may be revoked. However, students enrolled in non-CRICOS courses may miss as many classes as needed. 

Awesome. You’re ready to start! Please find our Overseas Student Application Form here.